Slobber straps are available in a variety of shapes, patterns, and weights.
They may be single ply or lined and stitched for more durability and weight which aids in feel.
Note that slobber straps are attached to snaffle bits with mecates or man-made McCartys.
Split reins are attached directly to a snaffle without the use of slobbers.
Please contact us to discuss the details of your personalized slobber straps.
Prices will vary depending upon the pattern and degree of personalization.
Wild or domestic (small additional fee) roses are options for slobber straps. Brands, initials and names are also options.
Silver is not traditionally used on slobber straps as a colt has not "earned" his silver, yet. Spots may also be options. These wild rose straps are lined and stitched for durability.
Oak Leaf and Acorn
These are shown lined and stitched.
Various patterns can be used on this shape which, when lined, is one of the heavier styles.
Poppies make for decorative slobber straps.
Slobber Strap Pricing
- Single ply plain harness or latigo $25
- Plain lined & stitched latigo $45
- Border stamped lined & stitched $55
- Initials or brands bordered, lined & stitched $65 (provide clear drawing)
- Initials or brands bordered, lined & stitched $75 (provide clear drawing)
- Set stamped lined & stitched $75
- Oak leaf and acorn carved, lined & stitched $125
- Floral carved, lined & stitched $150
- Natural oil & sun tanned coloring—free
Be sure to visit Bridle Horse Insights to read how to tie slobber straps.
Need something to tie your slobber straps to? Check out our Mecates page to see our offerings.